4th Annual Conference
September 20 – 23, 2021
Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Downtown
333 East Jefferson Ave
Detroit, MI 48226
Thank you to our 2021 Conference Sponsor
User Attendee Conference Registration Fees
Conference fee is estimated at $200, based on anticipated number of attendees:
- We must provide final guarantees to the hotel on Monday, September 6, 2021 with registered attendee names and email addresses.
- Hotel will calculate total charges for cost sharing by the guaranteed number of attendees and email each attendee for payment. Payments are due to the hotel no later than Friday, September 10, 2021.
Cost Sharing Breakdown:
- Welcome reception (9/20/21)
- Continental breakfast (9/21/21)
- Lunch (9/21/21)
- Audio Visual (9/21/21)
- Meeting Room Rental (9/21/21)
Definition of a User
A person who is employed by a company that owns and/or operates combustion turbine generators. This person cannot, as part of their normal duties, provide services (parts, repairs, consulting) to any company other than the one he/she is employed.
Example of a User: A person who works in an office providing technical/operational oversight to the facilities his/her company owns and/or operates.
Example of a non-User: A person who works in an office providing technical/operational oversight to facilities that his/her company does not own and/or operate (the exception: if the person’s company has an operation/maintenance agreement in place with a company that owns a combustion turbine generator; then the person is considered a User as long as their department of employment is not involved with the sale of services to the company outside the agreement).
THIS REGISTRATION LINK IS FOR USERS ONLY. ANY REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED FROM NON-USERS WILL BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY AND ASSESSED A $25.00 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE.
If you need to process a name change or modify the RSVP’s within your registration, click the link below to log in to your registration.
You will be asked for the following information to log in:
- Email address used to create the registration
- Confirmation # / Registration ID # (located on your emailed confirmation)
If you need any assistance regarding the online registration process or cancellation of your conference registration, please contact Sheila Vashi at 678-357-9423, ext. 101 or Sheila.Vashi@SV-Events.net.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Attendee must fit the definition of a User
- Name changes are allowed if the attendee is from the same company. No conference fee refunds will be processed by the hotel.
- Registration to participate at the 2021 HA Users Group Annual Conferences constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to be registered as a User on the PowerUsers.org forum website post conference.
- Cancellations received by September 5, 2021 – No conference fee charges incurred
- Cancellations received September 6, 2021 or later – Liable for conference fee, based on cost sharing breakdown
Check back in late July 2021 for a detailed agenda.
2021 7HA/9HA Detailed Agenda
Monday, September 20, 2021
|4:00 PM – 5:00 PM||
Hospitality desk open
|5:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Welcome Reception|
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
|7:00 AM – 8:00 AM||Continental Breakfast|
|8:00 AM – 12:00 PM||User Session|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||Lunch|
|1:00 PM – 5:00 PM||User Session|
|6:00 PM – 9:00 PM||GE Social (off-site)|
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 – GE DAY
|7:00 AM – 8:00 AM||Continental Breakfast w/GE|
|8:00 AM – 12:00 PM||User Session w/GE|
|12:00 PM – 1:00 PM||Lunch w/GE|
|1:00 PM – 5:00 PM||User Session w/GE|
Thursday, September 23, 2021
|8:00 AM – 12:00 PM||Tour – Blue Water Energy Center|
Tour – Blue Water Energy Center
Thursday, September 23, 2021
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
|9:15 AM – 10:45 AM||Tour|
|11:00 AM||Buses depart for hotel, box lunch provided on bus|
|12:00 PM||Arrive at hotel|
Blue Water Energy Center
4400 River Road
East China Twp, MI 48094
Bus transportation will be provided. You also have the option to drive your own car/rental car if it is easier to head directly to the airport from Blue Water Energy Center. RSVP for the bus transportation within the User registration.
Distances for planning transportation:
- Hotel to Blue Water Energy Center: 55.8 miles, heading NE from hotel
- Hotel to Detroit Airport: 21.6 miles, heading SW from hotel
- Blue Water Energy Center to DTW: 71.4 miles, heading SW and passing hotel
COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT DETROIT DOWNTOWN
333 East Jefferson Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
Hotel Phone: +1 (313) 222-7700
Group Rate: $199.00 + tax (single/double occupancy)
- Reservations can be made using the special group link located below or by calling 800-321-2211 and asking for the HA Users Group rate.
- Last date to reserve rooms at group rate: 5:00 PM hotel local time, Monday, August 30, 2021.
- Hotel will honor rate 3 days prior and 3 days following the conference dates, based on availability
See standard hotel and room amenities by visiting https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dtwdc-courtyard-detroit-downtown/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2&y_source=1_MjA1OTcxMC03MTUtbG9jYXRpb24uZ29vZ2xlX3dlYnNpdGVfb3ZlcnJpZGU%3D
- Guest rooms: Standard Wi-Fi – complimentary for Marriott Bonvoy members; Enhanced High Speed: Video chat, download large files + stream video for 4.95 USD/day
- Public areas: Complimentary Wi-Fi in lobby and public areas
- Meeting Space: HA Users Group will have Wi-Fi in meeting space (with normal email usage)
- Valet Parking: $33.00 Daily
Notes about parking:
- Parking fees are taxed
Airport Code: DTW – Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
22.4 miles – approx. 28 minutes from hotel
Directions from Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport:
- Take I-94 to Exit 215 (Rt 10 South)
- Take 10 South to Jefferson Avenue
- The hotel is directly across from Renaissance Center on the west side of Jefferson Avenue
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Estimated taxi fare: $52.00 USD (one way)
- Approved ride share services (Uber and Lyft)
- After getting off a flight, follow the signs to “Ground Transportation” and “Baggage Claim.” When ready, walk outside and look for “Passenger Pickups” or a designated area labeled, “TNC/Rideshares.”