August 27-30, 2018
Marriott Louisville Downtown
280 West Jefferson
Louisville, KY 40202
- 2018 Sponsors
- Important Dates for Users
- User Attendee Registration
- Individual Achievement Awards
- Key Topics / Agenda
- Directions / Travel
- Vendor/OEM Participation
Thank you to our 2018 Conference Sponsors
Important Dates and Deadlines for Users
March 28, 2018: User – conference registration link opens
July 26, 2018: Last day for User conference fee @ $400.00; Cancellations by this date will receive a full refund
July 27, 2018: User conference fee increases to $450.00; No refunds for cancellations on July 27 or later
August 3, 2018: 5:00 PM Hotel local time – Last day to reserve hotel room at the group rate of $155/night at Louisville Marriott Downtown
August 27 – August 30, 2018: 2018 Combined Cycle Users Group Annual Conference (see Agenda tab)
August 27 – August 30, 2018: 2018 Steam Turbine Users Group Annual Conference (see Agenda tab)
August 27 – August 30, 2018: 2018 Generator Users Group Annual Conference (see Agenda tab)
User Attendee Conference Registration Fees
Definition of a User
A person who is employed by a company that owns and/or operates combustion turbine generators. This person cannot, as part of their normal duties, provide services (parts, repairs, consulting) to any company other than the one he/she is employed.
Example of a User: A person who works in an office providing technical/operational oversight to the facilities his/her company owns and/or operates.
Example of a non-User: A person who works in an office providing technical/operational oversight to facilities that his/her company does not own and/or operate (the exception: if the person’s company has an operation/maintenance agreement in place with a company that owns a combustion turbine generator; then the person is considered a User as long as their department of employment is not involved with the sale of services to the company outside the agreement).
User Attendee Conference Fee
$400.00 (Registrations received by July 26, 2018)
$450.00 (Registrations received July 27, 2018 or later)
Paid conference registration to the STUG Annual Conference will allow User attendees complimentary access to simultaneous sessions at the CCUG and GUG Annual Conferences.
THIS REGISTRATION LINK IS FOR USERS ONLY. ANY REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED FROM NON-USERS WILL BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY AND ASSESSED A $25.00 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE.
If you need to process a name change or modify the RSVP’s within your registration, please return to the Conference Registration link and click the “Already Registered” link. Enter your email address and password. If you need any assistance regarding the online registration process or cancellation of your conference registration, please contact Catherine Casdia at 678-357-9423, ext. 102 or C.Casdia@SV-Events.net
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Attendee must fit the definition of a User
- Name changes are allowed if the attendee is from the same company and the initial payment is not modified.
- Registration to participate in the CCUG, STUG, or GUG 2018 Annual Conference constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to be registered as a User on the PowerUsers.org forum website post conference.
- Cancellations received by July 26, 2018 – Full conference fee refund
- Cancellations received July 27, 2018 or later – No refund
Individual Achievement Awards
Recognition is earned by industry professionals who have demonstrated excellence throughout their careers in the design, construction, management, operation, and/or maintenance of generating facilities powered by gas and/or steam turbines.
Deadline to submit a nomination form is Thursday, May 24, 2018.
Let us know your top ten topics of interest in this three question survey. The sooner we receive feedback, the sooner we can work with the OEMs to get the technical presentations you want to hear.
Possible topics include:
- ST Alignment Discussion(s) – The Do’s and Don’ts – The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
- D11 N1 Packing Box Operations and Maintenance Issues
- ST Packing and Seals Types/Options and Clearances
- ST Valve Maintenance Experiences – Repairs and/or Retrofit Strategies, Maintaining Spares vs. Valve Exchange Program(s), etc.
- ST Valves Actuator Inspections – Strategies, Maintenance Intervals/Frequencies
- NDE Best Practices for ST Valve Parts/Assemblies
- Ways of Extending ST Centerline and Valve Maintenance Intervals (e.g. Upgrading Materials/Parts/Assemblies, in Parallel to CT Upgrades, Using On-Line Monitoring to Drive Justification, etc.)
- OEM vs. Non-OEM (3rd Party Vendor) Centerline and Valve Related Maintenance Experiences
- EHC System – Flushing/Cleaning, Fluid Conversion, Accumulator Bladder Material Issues, etc.
- Low-Load Operations – Experiences, Concerns, Limitations, Effects on Maintenance Planning, etc. with Increased Turndown/Cycling of STs
- Fast/Accelerated Startups of STs – How to Prepare the Unit During Maintenance, Controls Changes, Lessons Learned, etc.
- Using Non-OEM Parts/Repairs – How to Qualify Vendors, Create Parts/Repairs/Materials Specifications
- GE Field Core –Recent Outage Experiences and Lessons Learned Post Re-Org
- ST Layup Procedures and Equipment Mods – Short-Term (< 8 Months) vs. Long-Term (> 8 Months)
- Replacing Aging ST Supervisory Instrumentation (TSI)
- Steam Path Audit – What Is It, and What are the Benefits?
- LP Turbine Back-End Operating Restrictions Based on OEM Supplied Curves (O&M Manuals), or Based on the Issue of OEM Technical Advisories
- The Aging Fossil Fleet – Do Maintenance Practices/Intervals Change from Original OEM Recommendations Based on Changes in Dispatch/Operating Profile
- Rotor Straightening – Qualified Vendors and Best Planning/Practices
- Diaphragm Dishing and Repairs – Qualified Vendors and Best Practices
Check back in late March for a preliminary agenda
2018 STUG Agenda
LOUISVILLE MARRIOTT DOWNTOWN
280 West Jefferson
Louisville, KY 40202
Hotel Phone: +1 (502)-627-5045
Group Rate: $155.00 + tax (single/double occupancy)
- Reservations can be made using the special group link located below or in your conference registration confirmation email, or by calling 800-533-0127 and asking for the Combined Conference group rate
- Last date to reserve rooms at group rate: 5:00 PM hotel local time, Friday, August 3, 2018
- Hotel will honor rate 3 days prior and 3 days following the conference dates based on availability
See standard hotel and room amenities by visiting http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sdflm-louisville-marriott-downtown/.
- Guest rooms: Complimentary Wi-Fi in guestrooms
- Public areas: Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Meeting Space: Complimentary Wi-Fi in meeting space (with normal email usage)
- Self Parking: $16.00 Overnight (Only applicable for those in group block; Normal rate is $10.00 hourly/$27.00 daily)
- Valet Parking: $32.00 Daily
Airport code: SDF – Louisville International Airport
600 Terminal Dr
Louisville, KY 40209
8 miles – approx. 10 minutes from hotel
Directions from Louisville International Airport:
- Take 264 East one mile to I-65 North
- Travel about 6 miles to Brook Street exit
- Turn left onto Jefferson
- The hotel entrance is immediately to the left on Jefferson Street
The hotel does not provide airport/hotel shuttle transportation. For your convenience, the following transportation options can provide airport transportation to and from the Louisville Marriott Downtown:
Approx. $18.00 one way