6th Annual Conference
August 31 – September 03, 2020
San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
101 Bowie Street
San Antonio, TX 78205-3901
- 2020 Sponsors
- Important Dates for Users
- User Attendee Registration
- Conference Agenda/Key Topics
- Maughan Achievement Award
- Directions / Travel
- Vendor/OEM Participation
Important Dates and Deadlines for Users
April 15, 2020: Hotel reservation link opens on the hotel tab
April 15, 2020: User – conference registration link opens
July 30, 2020: Last day for User conference fee @ $400.00; Cancellations by this date will receive a full refund
July 31, 2020: User conference fee increases to $450.00; No refunds for cancellations on July 31 or later
August 7, 2020: 5:00 PM Hotel local time – Last day to reserve hotel room at the group rate of $169/night at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
August 31 – September 3, 2020: 2020 Combined Cycle Users Group Annual Conference (see Agenda tab)
August 31 – September 3, 2020: 2020 Steam Turbine Users Group Annual Conference (see Agenda tab)
August 31 – September 3, 2020: 2020 Generator Users Group Annual Conference (see Agenda tab)
August 31 – September 3, 2020: 2020 Power Plant Controls Users Group Annual Symposium (see Agenda tab)
User Attendee Conference Registration Fees
Definition of a User
A person who is employed by a company that owns and/or operates combustion turbine generators. This person cannot, as part of their normal duties, provide services (parts, repairs, consulting) to any company other than the one he/she is employed.
Example of a User: A person who works in an office providing technical/operational oversight to the facilities his/her company owns and/or operates.
Example of a non-User: A person who works in an office providing technical/operational oversight to facilities that his/her company does not own and/or operate (the exception: if the person’s company has an operation/maintenance agreement in place with a company that owns a combustion turbine generator; then the person is considered a User as long as their department of employment is not involved with the sale of services to the company outside the agreement).
User Attendee Conference Fee
$400.00 USD (Registrations received by July 30, 2020)
$450.00 USD (Registrations received July 31, 2020 or later)
Paid conference registration to the GUG Annual Conference will allow User attendees complimentary access to simultaneous sessions at the STUG and CCUG Annual Conferences as well as the PPCUG Symposium.
User Attendee conference registration link below will open on April 15, 2020
THIS REGISTRATION LINK IS FOR USERS ONLY. ANY REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED FROM NON-USERS WILL BE CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY AND ASSESSED A $25.00 ADMINISTRATIVE FEE.
If you need to process a name change or modify the RSVP’s within your registration, please return to the Conference Registration link and click the “Already Registered” link. Enter your email address and password. If you need any assistance regarding the online registration process or cancellation of your conference registration, please contact Mikayla Moreau at 678-357-9423, ext. 102 or Mikayla.Moreau@SV-Events.net.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Attendee must fit the definition of a User
- Name changes are allowed if the attendee is from the same company and the initial payment is not modified.
- Registration to participate at the 2020 Power Users Annual Conferences constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to be registered as a User on the PowerUsers.org forum website post conference.
- Cancellations received by July 30, 2020 – Full conference fee refund
- Cancellations received July 31, 2020 or later – No refund
Check back in late April 2020
2020 GUG Detailed Agenda
Last update: January 27, 2020
2020 Agenda Overview (CCUG, GUG, STUG and PPCUG)
Monday GUG training provided by Beckwith Electric Co, Inc.:
Generators are subject to internal faults, external faults and abnormal operating conditions impressed by turbine and excitation system issues, as well as power system events the generator has no control over but must cope with.
False (nuisance) trips are costly as the generator’s output is lost. Inability to trip due to lack of sensitivity, lack of certain protections or deficiencies in protection application may cause severe damage to generators, resulting in prolonged outage and revenue loss, plus increased system stability risk. Achieving the ideal balance of secure and dependable protection involves use of an array of elements that protect the generator for all operating modes: off-line, start up, synchronizing, various levels of power output and when challenged by system faults and anomalies.
Beckwith Electric has confirmed that they can offer CEU/PDH certificates.
Generator Protection Tutorial Outline
Conference Key topics to include:
Recognition is earned by industry professionals who have demonstrated excellence throughout their careers in the design, construction, management, operation, and/or maintenance of generating facilities powered by gas and/or steam turbines.
Deadline to submit a nomination form is Friday, May 22, 2020.
SAN ANTONIO MARRIOTT RIVERCENTER
101 Bowie Street
San Antonio, TX 78205-3901
Hotel Phone: +1 (210) 223-1000
Group Rate: $169.00 + tax (single/double occupancy)
- Reservations can be made using the special group link located below or in your conference registration confirmation email, or by calling 800-648-4462 and asking for the Power Users’ group rate.
- Last date to reserve rooms at group rate: 5:00 PM hotel local time, Friday, August 7, 2020
- Hotel will honor rate 3 days prior and 3 days following the conference dates based on availability
Hotel reservation link will open April 15, 2020.
Reserve Room Now
See standard hotel and room amenities by visiting https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/satrc-san-antonio-marriott-rivercenter/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
- Guest rooms: Standard Wi-Fi – complimentary for everyone in group block
- Public areas: Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Meeting Space: Complimentary Wi-Fi in meeting space (with normal email usage)
- Self Parking: $37.00 Daily
- Valet Parking: $43.00 Daily
Notes about parking:
- Parking fees are taxed
- Onsite parking is limited
- Offsite parking is required for over-sized vehicles; Garage clearance is 6 ft – 6 in
Airport Code: SAT – San Antonio International Airport
8 miles – approx. 12 minutes from hotel
Directions from San Antonio International Airport:
- Take exit 281 South to Commerce St.
- Make a right at the light (Commerce St.) and continue down 1 block.
- Hotel is on the right hand side, at the corner of Bowie and Commerce St.
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Estimated taxi fare: $25.00 USD (one way)
- Approved ride share services (Uber, Lyft, and Wingz): Meet customers on the outer commercial curbside, lower level of Terminal A